martes, 10 de abril de 2007

the carnival

This was lesson 11. In this lesson I practice vocabulary and expressions related to celebrations and festivities.

My favorite celebration is Carnival. This is my report about carnival.


Name of the festival: carnival

Introduction: Name of festival/country; season and length
The carnival is still a Venezuelan’s tradition. Many carnivals are held in February.
It is an annual celebration like the one found in many countries of the world

Main contents (1) Historical/religious or other significance
The history of the carnival can be viewed from deferent’s angles, But one thing is sure, it is a result of a cross, cultural exchange that started centuries ago.
This holiday is not celebrated by so many religions of world. they think is a pagan celebratiòn

Main contents (2) Preparations; customs; activities
In the carnival season we always can see parades of floats and dancer formed by masked groups or dancers wearing the same clothes

Main contents (3) Personal celebrations
The carnival is one of my favorite season of, year Because I always go to the beach

Conclusion: Commercial significance Personal views about festival
The carnival has a big commercial significance Because it is a very famous festival celebrated in my country. People buy costumes and celebrate with food and drinks. Shops sell a lot of products like masks, toys, ballons, etc.



What about you? do you like CARNIVAL? do you celebrate carnival in your country? Tell me....

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Hi!

I like your blog.
I assume it's just for an English homework, but it'd be nice if you could continue to post on it.

Also, if U have time, can U pls check my web Site. It has everything about Maracaibo:


> CadaLugar.com